Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes Music Match Updating EXTREMELY Slowly 18-07-2021

Thought Id make some changes on my PC and update songs in itunes, mostly just adding old songs from old CD's. Today I have been frustrated by how SLOW itunes is matching my music. Its been a few hours and I've seen just a few songs out of many sync across to my iphone. I'm convinced its the icloud server as my PC and internet are very fast. Is this common? It is Sunday after all but it makes no sense why syncing is virtually non existent today. I've ended the sync and restarted many times and sometimes there is a tiny bit of movement.

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 10:34 AM

Similar questions

54 replies

Jul 19, 2021 11:10 AM in response to kamote0628

Thank you for getting back to me. After reading a number of comments - My iTunes Match is stuck on step 2: Matc… - Apple Community - what I'm experiencing seems to be an Apple server issue and rather than a computer issue.

Since posting this up yesterday my computer has been on many hours including all day today. I thought it might be that Apple servers were busy over the weekend. Ive seen this before with the App Store and iTunes. iTunes has matched probably no more than 7 songs today? I have 32 songs left to be added in iCloud so they appear on my iPhone.

It's not that iTunes Match is working slower than expected, its barely working at all. What I've noticed is that during this very long wait I've been able to make changes to my playlists which update almost immediately. Its just the matching of the new songs in iCloud is where the problem lies.

I connected my PC to my phone's 4G today but it made no difference to Music Match's performance. I rebooted my router also.

My computer is absolutely fine. Its fast and responsive.

Itunes doesn't freeze it just sits in sync mode doing very little. I've restarted the sync process, rebooting my PC, Closed and reopened iTunes and even signed out and back in again all to no avail.

I don't know how to select certain songs to sync? Ive added songs into iTunes library, recorded into mp3 by iTunes app and then I click "File / Library / Update iCloud Music Library". iTunes is running on Windows 10. It then syncs my entire library up to the cloud. Here's 2 screen shots of the process 24 hours apart where 7 songs were added into my iCloud during that time and a screen shot of the status of my songs in question showing they are waiting to be "matched".

Jul 19, 2021 12:53 PM in response to DevonbikerUK

I have also tried to add new songs to my ituneslibrary (windows PC) and the uploading to icloud is EXCRUCIATINGLY slow. Afetr 24 hours only 11 files of 52 have uploaded to icloud (and further being available on my iphone for streaming). Why is this? Are there some server problems or? becaude I have NEVER had this problem before. (Incidently my library comprises some 13 800 files at 89,27 GB - is there some kind of limit I am not aware of?)

AN answer or explanation as to what is going on would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Jul 23, 2021 6:22 AM in response to eidosdav

Same here. First time this week after I confirmed the issue was fixed and today it is back to the same sluggish problem. I'm going to email the chap I spoke to the other day and report this to him to follow up. Should I open a new thread calling it "Itunes Music Match Updating EXTREMELY Slowly 23-07-2021"? because this thread might get overlooked being that its been "solved".

Jul 19, 2021 11:29 AM in response to kamote0628

Just a quick follow up. My itunes at this moment cannot even connect to my iCloud library - its become that bad. This is definately an Apple issue, I'm convinced.

Here's the latest status froim my itunes

And then after trying to sync again it returns to the normal sync message

Just for good measure here's my broadband speed results taken just after.

Jul 19, 2021 11:10 PM in response to kamote0628

Thanks Kamote0628, I've scheduled a callback today however I suspect Apples approach will be "the fault is with your computer" and I can say with confidence it is not. So we'll wait and see.

Just a quick update I left my PC on all last night and another 9 songs synced with iCloud. So the system is working but extremely slowly. Only another 25 songs to go before I add more songs to my library currently on hold until the first batch gets sorted.

Screen shots taken 07:00GMT this morning

https://www.speedtest.net/

Jul 20, 2021 8:23 AM in response to kamote0628

Well I've just had my call back from Apple Support and as expected I was told there are no problems with their music service as everything is showing green their end. The assumption is that the fault is my end - internet connection - computer etc. Clearly Apple Support do not know what the left hand is doing. This is either a buggy iTunes v12.11.3.17 or its a service status issue being throttled somehow. But try and get Apple to admit that? Time now is 16:21 GMT. iTunes syncing all day and uploaded 3 songs so far.

Jul 20, 2021 9:35 AM in response to DevonbikerUK

Update: After a lengthy Apple Support call where I was transferred to a different department/different country I was able to show the chap the problem at hand via screen sharing. Long story short he concluded that it does look like an Apple issue and will be making further internal enquiries and contacting some engineers department to try and get to the bottom of the problem and will get back to me towards the end of next week. I'll keep you all posted to my progress.

Here is a screenshot from my PC (not yet discussed) showing errors on all the songs in my itunes library that I've added from my Apple Music subscription from my iphone. Clearly this is not just effecting the songs I own and ripped but the songs I'm borrowing from Apple Music subscription also. Despite them showing "error" they all play on my iphone and PC.

Jul 19, 2021 9:16 AM in response to DevonbikerUK

Hi DevonbikerUK,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. You can count on us to do our best to assist you or get you pointed in the right direction.

We understand that iTunes Music Match is slower than what you are expecting.

We’d like to gather additional details that may help us be in a better position to assist you.

Have you had the chance to try a different Wi-Fi network?

Have you had the chance to try a different computer?

Does it seem like iTunes is frozen?

Have you had the chance to test if the issue persists if you sync fewer songs?

Please keep us posted.

Take care!

Jul 19, 2021 10:56 AM in response to kamote0628

Having the same exact issue. Started about 5 days ago. Been using iTunes Match for about 8 years. Never had issues this bad. I've now been trying to match an album for about 3 days and it matched about 1 song every 4-5 hours and still hasn't completely finished. I've done the whole log out and log back in trick that usually fixes sync issues. It's not even uploading, it's actually returning matched and taking this long to show that it's matched. Very weird. I swore it must be a server issue, but I checked the server statuses and everything is green. I've changed NOTHING on my setup. I have both iTunes Match and Apple Music (I know some people think this is dumb, but I don't want DRM on my ripped CDs, so I don't get rid of iTunes Match for that reason.) My issue is using iTunes for Windows, I only use my iPhone to stream from the cloud, not to upload or download from it.

Jul 20, 2021 9:18 AM in response to DevonbikerUK

I knew that would happen. My brother used to be support for Apple and said they really just don't care about these type of issues. I noticed last night that I had several hundred files that Match had created duplicates for in addition to the files I matched. It's very odd. Like I'll have one marked as a duplicate by match, than my original which is uploaded to the cloud and then a third they want me to download. So I started deleting the duplicates and after about half way through my match started getting a little better. None of that is obviously on my end, but Apple will treat us like it's our fault, when it's obviously their product. They probably will try to fix this on their end, but they will never admit it is on their end, even though they know it is.

Jul 20, 2021 2:35 PM in response to DevonbikerUK

It must be server side, I have rebooted everything including my Wi-Fi and router, my connection is running fine 48d/9u, and the problem exists on a MacMini running Catalina and a MacBookPro running BigSur. Currently I’m getting about 1 song uploaded in 5 hours. This used to take minutes and was part of my workflow for testing/listening to mixes of my own music. That’s now unusable.

Don’t bother with Apple Support, you’ll just get told it’s your machine/network or they’ll tell you they’re going to escalate it and that’s all you’ll get. As a developer I have filed a bug report, maybe something will come of that.

I am frustrated as **** right now over this!

Jul 21, 2021 11:26 AM in response to DevonbikerUK

Hi there!

Now my upload is working as it should, finally! All my new songs are up and I did an extra check with 3 songs off a cd-single and they loaded up in about 5 minutes. So somewhere someone must have detected whatever was wrong and fixed it. Thanks for being persistent, devonbiker, and not lettingyourself be fobbed off but making the "powers that be" aware of the fact they had a problem to fix on their part. Much appreciated.

(And thanks to whoever fixed it.)

Itunes Music Match Updating EXTREMELY Slowly 18-07-2021

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.