Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wi-Fi problem after iOS 14.7.1 update

My iphone's Wi-Fi is not working after the iOS 14.7.1 update. It is connected but internet is not working. Wi-Fi is working on other devices.

what is the problem? how can I fix it>

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 11:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 2:33 AM

Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

Connecting to Wifi is the first part and then getting connected to the Internet is the second

1. If you connect to Wifi, doesn't necessarily mean you are connected to the internet. If you are not connected to wifi could be a problem with iPhone settings or Router/Modem Settings
  2. If you are not connected to the internet is the sole issue of Router / Modem Settings. Contact your ISP immediately

For your Internet connection.

• Over Cellular: contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider). The agency who issued the SIM to you
  • Over WiFI: Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the agency who provided the Internet Service on your Modem/Router to you

However --> Connect iPhone to the Internet - Apple Support

98 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2021 2:33 AM in response to surajtembe

Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

Connecting to Wifi is the first part and then getting connected to the Internet is the second

1. If you connect to Wifi, doesn't necessarily mean you are connected to the internet. If you are not connected to wifi could be a problem with iPhone settings or Router/Modem Settings
  2. If you are not connected to the internet is the sole issue of Router / Modem Settings. Contact your ISP immediately

For your Internet connection.

• Over Cellular: contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider). The agency who issued the SIM to you
  • Over WiFI: Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the agency who provided the Internet Service on your Modem/Router to you

However --> Connect iPhone to the Internet - Apple Support

Aug 10, 2021 9:06 AM in response to jagdeep177

Update what? The issue being faced by you is not iOS related.

I have iPhone 4S iOS 9.3.6, iPhone 6 iOS 12.5.4, iPhone SE iOS 14.7.1, iPhone 8 iOS 14.7.1 and an iPad Pro iPadOS 14.7.1 and iPhone 12 Pro iOS 14.7.1. Prior to that, I had iPhone 3GS, which I have stopped using because it is carrier-locked.

I have been updating all these devices whenever a new iOS are released. I have never encountered any issue whatsoever after any update

Aug 10, 2021 11:21 AM in response to SravanKrA

A lot of people are reporting this set of issues right after the iOS 14.7.1 update - not just on here. The update may not effect all or even most users but this does not mean the update is not the primary issue. In every case, people had no problem until the update so it's fair to suspect the update. I'm the only person at home to do the update and I'm the only one with this problem - which I suspect has more to do with Bluetooth than wifi but it's early days yet.

Aug 12, 2021 7:05 AM in response to SravanKrA

This is a pathetic copy/paste answer. Why would you immediately blame router/modem/isp when the asking person already said other devices in the same wifi network work OK?

I'm facing the same issue. I upgraded iPadOS last night and I have a horrible time staying connected on the ipad, while all my laptop/desktop/appleTV/cameras stay online perfectly fine. Do you still till it's my ISP/router/modem having problem?

Aug 18, 2021 12:11 PM in response to SravanKrA

It is related to the iOS. I have checked and tested with 4 iPads 4 iPhones and 1 MacBook Pro and 3 Windows Laptop, 2 Samsung TVs ( 1 50” and a 75”) Roku wifi streamer and wifi Google home pod.

The only issue with wi-fi is on my 8 iOS devices after the update. Even the MacBook is working on Wi-Fi

So what do you say to this?

Wi-Fi problem after iOS 14.7.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.