Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CAR Play Issues after IOS15 Update Cannot Load SiriusXM Or Amazon Music

Even though I can start the Sirius XM app on my iPhone and play a station when I go to the app on the car's radio screen and hit favorite channels I get a message that It cannot load Sirius XM I have to go to my phone to change the channel.

Same with Amazon music I can select a track on the iPhone but if I trying to open the app on the car radio screen gives me a can not load amazon music.

My head unit is an Alpine ILX-W650

These apps worked prior to me updating to IOS15

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 5:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 11:22 AM

Hi FPGFHFMA,

We see after updating your iPhone to iOS 15, CarPlay no longer works properly with Sirius XM or Amazon Music.

As the iPhone has been recently updated, do you also have any updates for those specific apps in the App Store?

Additionally, as CarPlay interfaces with both your iPhone and the CarPlay software in your receiver, it is possible the Alpine unit may need an update for iOS 15. If the issue persists after updating the relevant apps on your iPhone, we'd recommend reaching out to Alpine for assistance in updating the firmware of the CarPlay compatible receiver if need be, or confirm its compatibility with iOS 15.

Take care.

Similar questions

225 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2021 11:22 AM in response to FPGFHFMA

Hi FPGFHFMA,

We see after updating your iPhone to iOS 15, CarPlay no longer works properly with Sirius XM or Amazon Music.

As the iPhone has been recently updated, do you also have any updates for those specific apps in the App Store?

Additionally, as CarPlay interfaces with both your iPhone and the CarPlay software in your receiver, it is possible the Alpine unit may need an update for iOS 15. If the issue persists after updating the relevant apps on your iPhone, we'd recommend reaching out to Alpine for assistance in updating the firmware of the CarPlay compatible receiver if need be, or confirm its compatibility with iOS 15.

Take care.

Sep 27, 2021 11:19 AM in response to FPGFHFMA

I had a XS max with iOS 15 in it and carplay worked fine with my Pioneer DMH-2660NEX. I got my 13 promax last Friday and updated the phone to iOS 15. Tried to use carplay on the same headunit and it shows connected to carplay until I try to launch any streaming app. I have found that this is also an issue with my GROM usb adapter as well. It seems related to to the device with the new iOS update, its weird that it work fine with the XS max and not the 13 ProMax. I've tried the phone settings reset and headunit reset, nothing seems to work. I even contacted tech support and was on the phone with them while attempting the fixes they had suggested. Here's a picture of the error from my headunit as soon as you try to launch a music app. I tested and found that all the navigation apps work. Apple music, You Tube, SiriusXM, Spotify, etc do not launch and shows the error below.

Sep 25, 2021 6:27 AM in response to FPGFHFMA

I’m having a similar issue. I have an iPhone 13 Pro. Every time I plug my phone into my 2019 RAV4 and try to play music off of the Music app, the phone will disconnect from my car, like I unplugged my phone, my screen will go black for 5 seconds, then my phone will recognize that it’s still plugged in and restart CarPlay. All the other CarPlay features work properly, it just won’t play music without crashing.

Sep 26, 2021 2:34 PM in response to domdogd

Exactly, no favorites in SXM, recent list is not populated……navigation in CP is broke.

So this is not an APP update required from SXM and Amazon HD….rather iOS ?

I have a ticket open at SXM……I guess they will tell me it’s an iOS15/issue ?

How long will an iOS update take ?? Does Apple comment in these threads on the actual issue ?

Really a bad experience …..

CAR Play Issues after IOS15 Update Cannot Load SiriusXM Or Amazon Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.