Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cellular service disabled after iOS 15.3.1 update

Has anyone had problems with cellular service being disabled with the 15.3.1 update? 2 of my co-workers have had this problem right after the update was completed.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 8:15 AM

Cellular Update Failed —> If you see an Update Failed or Apple Pay Not Available alert after iOS update or restart

If you are unable to make a call or receive; If you can't make or receive calls on your iPhone - Apple Support

42 replies

Feb 15, 2022 8:15 AM in response to Jnwsmom

Carrier Update (Required): Released by your Cellular Service provider (Carrier Update), affects your Outgoing / Incoming calls, SMS, Data etc..

How to Update Carrier Settings

You can manually check for and install a carrier settings, update with these steps: Make sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network. Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see an option to update your carrier settings.

Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Few Carrier (Cellular Service Provider) does not provide Carrier Settings in full but they offer APN settings for example

• Google FI which has APN to be entered manually as h2g2
  • MTN Ghana which provides APN pin to be updated manually as the internet
  • BSNL in India which provides APN pin to be updated manually as bsnlnet (Watch teh GIF below)

Settings > Mobile Data > APN [under Mobile Data APN] enter the APN pin

View and edit your APN settings

If your carrier allows it, you can view your APN settings in one of the following locations: Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Cellular Network. Settings> Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network.

View and edit your Access Point Name (APN) on your iPhone ...

Use the APN pin based on your carrier. Ask them (Your Carrrier) or search using any search engine.

Feb 21, 2022 6:26 AM in response to SravanKrA

15.3.1 issues

1.) My voicemail is broken. Tells me to set my voicemail back up and then says that it cannot be done

2.) Cellular service will randomly just break for no reason… Like it would randomly just turn off and you have to manually turn it back on.

3.) Twitter Spaces audio stops playing if u leave the app or the phone goes into lock screen. that use to not be the case.

Feb 21, 2022 4:08 PM in response to Jnwsmom

My calls aren’t connecting when I answer incoming calls! When I answer, the time (the timer that pops up upon a connecting calls) comes on and appears to get stuck at 0:00! It’s as though I’m answering a “dead call” because neither am I hearing the caller, nor am I being heard by them! I also attempted to place outgoing calls which rang incessantly; however, after texting the person I attempted to call, I find out that the phone on the receiving end phone RANG! Is there a solution to this madness??? What’s the issue with 15.3.1?!??

Feb 22, 2022 1:32 PM in response to SNNbhgzt

Same thing here. Update didn't work (couldn't be validated because no internet connection, although I did have WiFi alright), so I updated via iTunes on Win64. My iPhone still tells me that I need to update to use cellular service, but of course no update is available. Battery drains fast, I guess because it keeps searching cellular signal.

Feb 22, 2022 1:59 PM in response to SravanKrA

I have done all of the following and still not able to make and receive calls successfully. I have talked with my cellular provider three times and visited the store once and they checked my network settings, checked my iPhone settings, changed my SIM card and factory reset my phone. It is no coincidence that this problem started since doing the 15.3.1 update. We need a resolution to be able to restore faith in our Apple product as my next phone will not be an iPhone.

Feb 24, 2022 10:17 AM in response to miloca7

Cellular No Service but the carrier status shows the carrier name and all baseband details I can’t make or receive a call with iOS 15.3.1 update. Even after resetting all settings still didn’t work with my iPhone 8 Plus. It’s either apple fixes it’s mess or we can put a stand against this faulty buggy updates. Start providing downgrade to iOS 14 !!!.

Feb 25, 2022 6:30 AM in response to mlorenas

I think I finally fixed mine. I turned off my phone, turned it back on, then reset the network settings several times. It didn’t work the first two or three times, but then suddenly resetting the network settings worked.

They should be telling people that they have to do it multiple times, very frustrating process, and will not be doing any more updates.

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings

Good luck.

Feb 26, 2022 11:21 PM in response to mlorenas

Reset all settings. Go to settings, general, transfer or reset iPhone, reset. I reset network settings 2-3 times then I reset all settings. Nothing happened until I connected to wifi, then all of a sudden I started connecting to Verizon. Hope it works for you. I did do this with Verizon on a phone call. I would call my service provider and troubleshoot with them as well.

Feb 28, 2022 5:51 AM in response to Jnwsmom

Having similar problems with iOS 15.3.1.

After the update every phone call drops shortly after 10 - 20 seconds. I can watch the status beams dropping as soon as the connection is established.

This issue came up with the latest iOS update 15.3.1 and wasn't there before the update.

There were no carrier setting available (German Telekom). But what I found out is that it must have somthing to do with using a physical SIM and an eSIM simultaneously.

When I deactivate the eSIM the phone calls with the physical SIM won't drop. The status beams of the cell network remain at full radio reception. But as soon as I reactivate the eSIM profile, I suffer the issues described above.

Cellular service disabled after iOS 15.3.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.