Unable to access FaceTime after 17.4 update

I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max and I’ve had a FaceTime button on all my contacts. Once I updated to 17.4 I saw a message saying I needed to get a FaceTime app from the App Store. Corrections say to tap on FaceTime in settings which I don’t have. This is really annoying and I would love to know how to get my FaceTime back without having to get a separate app for it now. Thank you very much!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 7, 2024 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2024 7:54 AM

The exact same thing happened when I installed the latest update. First off, WTF is a FaceTime app? We never needed an app for it before. It is extremely annoying having to “fix” something that wasn’t broken.

32 replies

Mar 13, 2024 5:03 PM in response to Conservadiva

It took me a while to find this thread. My sister and I facetime twice a week, and starting on March 6th, the connection was made, but my screen was blank (her videofeed was not working). My videofeed worked perfectly. This continued until today and she decided to call Apple support and was instructed to re-download the Facetime app, which she did. Now that she has done that, any attempt to reach her from my device gets a "Facetime unavailable" message. I am making the connection from an old ipad 2 ios 9.3.5. I wonder if I also have to reinstall Facetime on my device.

Unable to access FaceTime after 17.4 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.