Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Macbook Pro Mid-2015 crashing a lot

Hello, is there anyway somebody can help me solve the issue of my Mac crashing?

It only started about a week and a half ago that using Brave/Chrome and having a couple tabs on it would

get really hot; I would hear this weird loud ring with a circle of death then it would shut down.

All I know is that the CPU can sometimes get really hot but I feel it's been abnormally hot more recently than ever before.

Thank You

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.7

Posted on Apr 18, 2024 5:51 PM

3 replies

Apr 18, 2024 5:55 PM in response to rutgdsche

First remove any:

• Cleaners
  • Optimizers
  • Anti-Virus
  • VPN

Then post the free EtreCheck report using the Additional Text option when posting. This will show what processes are consuming your System resources. The above category of apps are known to cause problems so it best to remove those as that would be the first recommendation.

Using EtreCheck - Apple Community

Apr 18, 2024 9:54 PM in response to rutgdsche

There are multiple suggestions that the HD is failing. To see if it could be Software related, try starting in Safe Mode to see if the problem persists.

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

if there is no trouble after booting into Safe Mode, then you should start looking at the programs that are running on startup. The first and most obvious one to eliminate is CleanMyMac.

If you continue to have the Kernel Panics after starting in Safe Mode, then try running Apple Diagnostics. This will not identify all problems, but is definitely a good place to do a hardware check.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

To further check the health of the HD, you can use the free trial of DriveDx that will give you an idea on the condition of the drive. If it shows that it is failing, then replacing the drive may be the best option. You can also upload the DriveDx report here for others to provide feedback

How to use DriveDx - Apple Community

Macbook Pro Mid-2015 crashing a lot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.