Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay not working after 11.2.6 update

Updated iOS to 11.2.6 and now my carplay is not working in my Kia Soul.

When I connect using the phone cable it says ipod connected. Doesn't see the phone, can't do anything!

Help. I don't know how to downgrade to 11.2.5. I have never had issue with any update until now.

iPhone SE, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 21, 2018 8:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 9:55 AM

I deleted CarPlay off my phone and did a full reboot. I also unpaired the blue tooth from my car dash under the settings menu, and erased all information related to my car. Started the car again, and plugged the iPhone into the USB port. It recognized my Kia MOTORS (had to click accept) as well as - now it also says, HANDSFREE - something that wasn't on my previous iOS versions. The next day when I got in the car it didn't recognize the phone like it did before when the car starts up, so I checked the blue tooth and had to click something (sorry I should have written it down) to remember this phone. Now it works great. Also make sure you don't have a dud cable. One of the iphone cables I was using had a little black tick on one of the pins that goes into the phone - this is a blown cable and may not connect properly. Got a new cable and all work well.

Seems like for 11.2.6 on some phones, you need to delete all carplay information and then re-add the phone.

48 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2018 9:55 AM in response to CHLG

I deleted CarPlay off my phone and did a full reboot. I also unpaired the blue tooth from my car dash under the settings menu, and erased all information related to my car. Started the car again, and plugged the iPhone into the USB port. It recognized my Kia MOTORS (had to click accept) as well as - now it also says, HANDSFREE - something that wasn't on my previous iOS versions. The next day when I got in the car it didn't recognize the phone like it did before when the car starts up, so I checked the blue tooth and had to click something (sorry I should have written it down) to remember this phone. Now it works great. Also make sure you don't have a dud cable. One of the iphone cables I was using had a little black tick on one of the pins that goes into the phone - this is a blown cable and may not connect properly. Got a new cable and all work well.

Seems like for 11.2.6 on some phones, you need to delete all carplay information and then re-add the phone.

Mar 2, 2018 6:21 PM in response to ubthestig

I

Mar 4, 2018 9:17 AM in response to CHLG

I have the same problem on my brand new Chevy Colorado. CarPlay was working fine for both my SE and my wife's 5, and it quit working after upgrading to 11.2.6. Now when I plug in the phones the CarPlay icon does not come up and on the car display it says that I need to plug in a compatible USB device. I have tried resets, reloads of CarPlay and purchased a new cable, etc. Nothing has worked yet. I have contacted the dealer. They claim that it worked with their cable and phone, but did not say what version software they were running. Hope someone comes up with a solution, because I really like the app.......when it works!!

Mar 4, 2018 11:55 AM in response to hannes_eins

I made it working again!

This is how my Skoda reacted as it was broken:

Attached the iPhone to a known-good cable, the car was writing "reading USB1" and then nothing happened. Also clicking on "Phone => Carplay" did not do the trick.

This is what I have done to make it working in my Skoda:

I clicked on "Menu" and then used the right wheel of the entertainment system to start carplay.

So it seems something in the 11.2.6 Update "confused" the car-entertainment.

I hope this helps!

Mar 5, 2018 8:45 AM in response to CHLG

Having the same problem since iOS 11.2.6 update on iPhone SE with Skoda Fabia.

Car no longer recognises phone at all once connected. Can only use phone via bluetooth or as a music player via the USB port.

I've tried wiping and re-connecting the phone to the car - no luck. I've changed the cables over - no luck.

Anyone have any advice?

Mar 5, 2018 1:31 PM in response to bravofox

Mar 7, 2018 5:02 AM in response to CHLG

I had this problem with my iphX & Mitsubishi Pajero Sport. Fixed it by connecting iph via usb, downloading a new voice, deactivating Siri, hard-rebooting the iph X (click up-vol, click down-vol, hold power button until slider appears on screen.

Slide to off. Turn iph back on, turn Siri on & bingo, back to working.

Some of those steps may not be needed, as I was just trying stuff.

Mar 15, 2018 10:31 AM in response to CHLG

I have the same issue with my iPhone 8 and VW Jetta. I even took it to the dealership this morning, and my car has the latest software, the techs there tested with their phones, all other phones with same software worked except the iPhone 8 since this latest software release. I certainly hope an emergency fix is out soon.

Mar 16, 2018 10:22 PM in response to CHLG

How do I delete CarPlay from my phone? I don’t see it as an app anywhere. My iPhone X works perfectly with our new Tahoe but my iPhone 6 Plus will NOT initiate the CarPlay program when I plug it in, using the same cord, USB port and iOS software version (11.2.6) as the iPhone X. Apple support has not been ANY help with this discrepancy so I thought I’d try your method. Please post the steps required to delete CarPlay. Thanks!

CarPlay not working after 11.2.6 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.