Question:

Question: icloud for windows keeps asking for password

I am using a Dell i7 laptop with fully-updated Windows 10 Home.

Computer runs antivirus and Malwarebytes.

I have been using iCloud for Windows on my device for years, BUT

For the last 48 hours, every time my computer awakes from sleep or is rebooted, I am asked for my iCloud for windows password and my two-factor authentication code.

I have uninstalled all Apple software and freshly reinstalled just iCloud for Windows, but the issue persists.

I spent an hour+ on the phone with Apple Support yesterday, but no solution yet, so I am turning to the Community for some ideas.

Thanks to all!

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.3

Posted on

Page content loaded

Apr 20, 2018 10:25 PM in response to DougR34135 In response to DougR34135

I have exactly same problem and started same time with your problem. (I have a Dell i7 laptop too, weird !)

I logged out and login again to iCloud, now my icloud drive content also gone with folders&files (But they are still in the cloud) . It does not sync with the cloud drive. I will try to download my files to local. If I do that I never touch icloud drive again. I was using Google Drive before and never see a problem like this. Probably I will go back to Google Drive.

_selcuk_

Apr 20, 2018 10:25 PM

Reply Helpful

Apr 21, 2018 7:01 AM in response to selcuk119 In response to selcuk119

Thanks for your reply. Glad to hear I am not alone with this issue.

Apple Support had me create logs for a day, which I uploaded to them yesterday afternoon. They will get back to me next week with what those logs tell them. I will post the news here - with hopefully a solution!

Apr 21, 2018 7:01 AM

Reply Helpful

Apr 22, 2018 8:34 AM in response to DougR34135 In response to DougR34135

Do what I plan to do. STOP using IOS related software on Windows PCs. I keep getting "error connecting to Apple ID server" every time I try to logon to iCloud on my HP15 Windows 10 laptop even though my HP15 Windows 9.1 does logon with no problem. Microsoft is no help; they insist it's an Apple problem since it's Apple software.

I wish I hadn't bought an iPad; my Android tablets are SO MUCH EASIER to connect to my PCs.

Apr 22, 2018 8:34 AM

Reply Helpful (2)

Apr 23, 2018 5:48 AM in response to Masky_7 In response to Masky_7

Thanks for your comment.

Yes, I uninstalled ALL Apple software and then rebooted and reinstalled just iCloud for Windows, but the problem remained the same.

I remain hopeful that Apple's review of my logs discloses a solution, as I would like the benefits of iCloud to extend to my laptop as well as my iPhone and iPad. I will report here on what I learn.

Apr 23, 2018 5:48 AM

Reply Helpful

Apr 23, 2018 8:41 AM in response to Masky_7 In response to Masky_7

I had to do a clean re-install of Windows 10 on my HP15 to get this crappy, and I DO mean crappy, app to work. Finally a able to login but at the expense of losing lots of games and other software which -will have to be re-installed.

Apr 23, 2018 8:41 AM

Reply Helpful

Apr 30, 2018 6:15 AM in response to Ash_1964 In response to Ash_1964

Ash,

Thanks for your note.

No reply from Apple, so far. I am disappointed, as I foresaw my provision of the logs as leading to at least some response.

My primary use of iCloud for Windows as to sync browser favorites among my devices. I have left iCloud OFF my computer and instead use my Google account to do the syncing. It works, for now.

If I don't get a fix from Apple, I am going to wait until the next iTunes/iCloud update and reinstall it to see what happens.

Doug

Apr 30, 2018 6:15 AM

Reply Helpful (2)
User profile for user: DougR34135

Question: icloud for windows keeps asking for password