Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP - Greyed out songs on my iPad 4

HELP - Greyed out songs on my iPad 4 I have my iPad connected to my Mac and in iTunes On the left sidebar I pressed my iPad name and then music and I saw I had songs greyed out but not all But I want to get this fixed so how do I get it fixed? Thanks

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.4, itunes, music, ipad 4

Posted on Dec 22, 2013 3:04 PM

13 replies

Dec 23, 2013 12:26 PM in response to Sparychess

When you clicked on the name of your iPad on the left sidebar of iTunes you should not see any music displayed. If you clicked on "Music" under the name of your iPad on the left sidebar it should display the music that is already on your iPad.

If you're trying to sync music to your iPad, just check the songs in your library that you want on your iPad, then click on the name of your iPad in iTunes and check Sync Music, and under that check either "Entire Library" (which will sync all the songs you checked earlier" or "Selected playlists, artists, albums and genres" and check the ones you want on your iPad. Then click Apply at the bottom to sync.

HELP - Greyed out songs on my iPad 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.