Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home app showing "Loading Accessories and Scenes" in perpetuity.

The Home app on my iPhone is showing me a white page with bold font saying: "Loading Accessories and Scenes" with a small spinner just above it.

I cannot use the home app because of this.

When I log out of my iCloud account the issue is resolved and the home app works as expected.

Things I did to try resolve the issue:

-Force quit the Home app

-Restart my iPhone

-Force shut down and power on my iPhone

-Disable iCloud Home syncing (in the settings app)

-Disable iCloud keychain

-Sign out of iCloud, remove all of my iCloud data from my iPhone, sign back in.

-DFU restore iPhone and restore encrypted iTunes backup

None of these steps resolved the issue.

These are other people having the same (or very similar) issue:

the home icon keeps loading accessories and scene

Home App Stuck on Loading Accessories and Scenes Stuck

HomeKit stuck on loading scenes and accessories.

Home (HomeKit) App Stuck on Loading accessories and scenes

Home (HomeKit) App Stuck on Loading accessories and scenes

Re: My home app stucks on "loading accessories and scenes" on ios 10.1.1 on iphone 5s

Home Stuck on Loading Accessories and Scenes

Apple Home App Not Working

HomeKit

User uploaded file

I think this is an iCloud issue. I would love a solution from anyone that can give me one. Thanks.

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.3.3, iOS11

Posted on Sep 13, 2017 12:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 8:00 PM

This helped me, in this particular order:

1) turn off Keychain

2) turn off the toggle of HomeKit in iCloud

3) turn on Keychain

4) open HomeKit app and press the button inside the app to enable ICloud.

hopefully it helps.

26 replies

Jan 8, 2018 1:56 PM in response to CoolTiger519

I had the same issue. Supposedly it was fixed in the latest IOS update. After the update I had to open the homekit app and let it sit there for about 45 minutes. On one phone I let it sit there and on another I let homekit run in the background. After about 45 minutes the one just sitting there finally gave me the option of resetting homekit, and then it started working. The one with homekit running in the background never gave me the option; so on that phone I closed all apps, opened homekit, just let it sit there, and then after about 45 minutes it gave me the option of resetting it. So just a game in patience.

Oct 28, 2017 8:20 AM in response to gstives

Hi gstives,

The issue has been resolved for me. I think someone at Apple who has access to my iCloud account reset my HomeKit data, but I'm not sure. Some weeks after contacting Apple support and going through multiple layers of support ( I spoke to 3 different people ) I opened the Home app and the issue was resolved.

Overall a very frustrating process but I think it had been worse if I had to change AppleID ( I'd loose all my data, music, pictures, contacts, email, everything.)

So my advise is contact Apple support (chat is best I think) and be very very very patient.

Good luck!

Nov 6, 2017 4:52 AM in response to Funrush

I solved this issue for me by doing something I did not see listed anywhere. I also tried all of the above steps in op.

I reset and deleted all settings from my iPhone. Then when prompted I set up my phone as a new Phone, not a restore from iCloud. Then I logged into a fresh iCloud account and my home worked again. Lastly I logged back into my actual iCloud and pulled in all of my data to my “new phone”. Still works. Just had to download apps and set up Apple Pay and all of that business again.

This was truly one of the most frustrating problems I’ve ever had with apple software. Hope this helps y’all.

Jan 6, 2018 8:38 PM in response to Funrush

Did you ever get a resolution on this? I've been having he same issue the past week or so. Unfortunately I usually go into panic mode (instead of trying things one by one) so I'm not exactly sure what fixed the problem.

First, my setup. I have 6 active devices on iCloud: My iPhone 6, my old iPhone 4S, an ATV3, an ATV4, an iPad pro, and an old (30-pin connector) iPad. Only the ATV4 is configured as a home hub.

The first time I had the issue, I got this screen on my iPhone and iPad Pro. I signed in and out on my phone, didn't work. Then in and out on my phone AND the iPad Pro. Didn't work. Then phone/iPad/ATV4. Still didn't work. Then phone/iPad/ATV4/ATV3 (even though it wasn't a home hub). I think this is the point where it started working again.

Second time, I got the message on my iPhone only. I didn't dare open the home app on another device lest it cause more issues. Signed in and out on my iPhone. Didn't work. Signed out on the ATV4 and left it out. In and out on my phone again. Didn't work. Signed out on the ATV3, then in and out on my phone. Started working! Signed back in on the ATV4 and after a few minutes it was back up as the Home hub.

So the last action I took in both cases was signing out of iCloud on my ATV3. ATV3 technically isn't even supposed to support Homekit, though I've seen screenshots of it being used as a Home hub, and I myself have seen the Home app list the ATV3 as an "offline" home hub (though it didn't show that way the last time I had it signed in). Could it be that somehow, this device that isn't supposed to be part of Homekit but seems to somehow get interconnected with it corrupting the config and causing the Home app not to work? Or is it just that the repeated logging in and out eventually works, and it has nothing to do with which devices are logged in? I have no idea. All I know is that this is incredible frustrating and someone I hope we find an actual root cause and solution soon.

For now, I'll stay signed out on the ATV3 (I'm mostly using it to stream music to my Playbar anyway) and see if I encounter the issue again. If I do, I'll come back and update these comments. Going to post this around a bit as I've seen quite a few threads on this and no real solutions...

Nov 18, 2017 10:35 AM in response to Nevi

Thanks for this great workaround. My wife had this issue since her last iPhone and even when she upgraded to X and iOS 11 the problem persisted. We tried various things to remedy it without much success. Even went to Genius Bar where they told us that the phone will need to be setup as new phone and although photos etc could be recovered but all apps and iMessages will be lost which was not ideal.

I came across this just an hour ago and already the HomeKit is up and running. Thanks once again.

Sep 17, 2017 10:03 AM in response to Funrush

Hi, Funrush,

Thanks for reaching out via the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand that when you try accessing the Home app, a message stating "Loading Accessories and Scenes" pops up, but nothing every loads beyond that. I'm happy to help!

It looks like you've tried a lot of troubleshooting steps already; that's great! Since those steps haven't worked, however, the next thing I would suggest is reaching out to Apple Support directly for additional assistance. You can do that here: Contact Apple Support .

Have a good day.

Oct 6, 2017 9:10 AM in response to Nevi

Hi Nevi,

I have been through three levels of Apple Support: Apple advisor, Apple Senior advisor and now my issue is at engineering.

A senior level advisor asked me to create some log files on my iPhone and send them to Apple support.

Unfortunately, the issue is not yet resolved. Apple said it will contact me as soon as they have a solution.

Oct 7, 2017 10:50 AM in response to Funrush

I got to tier 2 support and they were able to fix this issue for me. You could very well have a different problem, but for me, the Home app database was corrupted on my device. The solution was to clear the home app data which requires access to the settings screen of the Home app, which I obviously couldn't get to. Here's what I had to do. On a separate device I signed into iiCloud and started up the Home app, thankfully, it launched correctly here (maybe the corrupted data hadn't synced all the way or something). From the Home app's home screen (the one with the red leaves) I accessed the settings via the arrow on the top left corner; this opens up the settings, at the bottom i tapped a button that said "Remove Home". This is the new way of clearing your home app data (on iOS 9 I believe there was a way to do this for home kit in the system settings). Now that the database was cleared I waited a few mins to allow the change to propagate and sync to iCloud. NOW, on the borked device, disabled and reenabled HomeKit from the iCloud settings in the setting app (Settings->your_name->iCloud->Home); this should manually trigger a resync of your now cleared home app data and viola, you should be able to launch the app.

Dec 17, 2017 8:55 PM in response to Funrush

I just had the same problem and did a chat with Apple Support. We were trying a few things at the same time but I think what fixed it is updating and/or restarting Apple TV. The Home App seemed to load up right when the Apple TV booted back up after completing an update. Apple TV is an integral part of many HomeKit setups, but we often forget about that because it all happens in the background.

Oct 25, 2017 8:02 PM in response to Funrush

I'm not sure if you actually contacted Apple or not. I've called them on various occasions, and they just reply back with "We send information to engineers" or some excuse like that. I know it is basically an empty promise. Incredibly frustrating and I have a variety of HomeKit devices that I cannot use with Siri. I think that the only way to fix this is to transition to another Apple ID. If you ended up finding a solution please post it or link me to it, I've been trying to find a solution for over a year.

Nov 27, 2017 1:08 PM in response to Funrush

Hi Everybody,

I have found a solution for my iphone and ipad. I hope this will help for others as well.

I have just encountered this issue today, when i wanted to use Home app for the first time.

After i have looked all similar threads about this issue, actually i didn't want to reset my phone and load a fresh ios etc.

After i saw that, everything is related with itunes, and my itunes has always warns me about that it is full with photos and videos. Since, i have the backup of my photos, i decided to erase everything in icloud to see what happens. And suddenly after erasing everything, i finally see the "reset homekit link" and it is working for me. I believe, you need at least some space in icloud, but if you have chance make some space and try again to see if it is working for you.

Good luck!

Jan 2, 2018 8:40 AM in response to Funrush

I just chatted with a senior advisor and she was saying they have no access to resetting things on their end. That everything is done on the device itself. Is this accurate? I find hard to believe that Apple wouldn’t have control over Apple IDs.

I still don’t have a solution for this and it’s been more than 1 year.

Can you tell me what steps did your tier 2 have you do?

Thank you.

Jan 2, 2018 10:29 AM in response to nhmerino

Hi nhmerino, no that’s not correct. They change ‘something’ on Apple’s side that will resolve certain HomeKit isssues. That said, an AppleCare person needs to go through all the nessecery steps with you in order to justify a request for such serverside fix.

The person that has the authority to do stuff to your iCloud data is going to ask the AppleCare person you speak to questions like:’did the customer reset his of her device?’ And ‘did the customer restore his or her iCloud backup’.

So you just need to be patient and do all the stuff Appel asks you to do. At the end of this ‘journey’ a request will be send to someone at Apple to reset your HomeKit data.

Home app showing "Loading Accessories and Scenes" in perpetuity.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.