Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 video call issues

I recently purchased an iPhone 13. While there is no issues with my normal calls, my video calls through WhatsApp is of poor quality. The other person complains that my audio is choppy and gets cut in the middle, the voice is very low and sounds far away. I tried connecting to different Wi-Fi networks and also through mobile net. The voice is always low and far away and the audio gets cut intermittently during the call. I also tried video call through Google duo and have same issue. I removed my case and screen guard but nothing has helped with the issue.

I took the mobile to service centre where they tested the mic and found no issue. I am not sure where is the issue is but the video calls are bad. Any advice on the issue?

Posted on Oct 10, 2022 8:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 9:21 PM

I have tried the suggestions mentioned but the issue still persists. I have also updated to the latest iOS.

Audio/ Video recorded using voice memo and camera is capturing the sound properly.

When I go on a video call, the audio suddenly starts crackling in the middle of the call.

Sharing here the links where others have faced similar issue:

People say my voice is choppy when talkin… - Apple Community

microphone does not work on iphone 12 pro - Apple Community

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2022 9:21 PM in response to TheLittles

I have tried the suggestions mentioned but the issue still persists. I have also updated to the latest iOS.

Audio/ Video recorded using voice memo and camera is capturing the sound properly.

When I go on a video call, the audio suddenly starts crackling in the middle of the call.

Sharing here the links where others have faced similar issue:

Oct 15, 2022 8:53 PM in response to TheLittles

While the support team says it is a unique problem, it has been widely reported by many people but no one seem to have got a solution so far.

Sharing links here of all the posts in Apple group alone on this issue.

iPhone 13 pro voice cuts and the other pe… - Apple Community

Choppy calls - Apple Community

my calls /conversation on my IPhone 13 Pr… - Apple Community

iPhone 12 mic/ sound issues on video call… - Apple Community

iPhone 11 voice cutting out during video … - Apple Community

Microphone issue during video calls on va… - Apple Community

iPhone 13 microphone Problem during video… - Apple Community

microphone not working for facetime video… - Apple Community

iPhone mic not working on internet calls - Apple Community

I have reached out to multiple support team but no one knows or understands the issue. With this issue, the iPhone usage itself is very limited. I am unable to take any video calls.

Is there a way to raise this as a serious issue that is affecting many users?

Oct 15, 2022 4:28 PM in response to Maldiw

Maldiw Said:

"iPhone 13 video call issues: Found more links where many have complained about the same issue. [...]Apple support told me this is a very unique issue that they have not heard before. Hope there is a solution for this."

-------

Inform Apple of this:

Do your Part: Being a unique issue,, report this to AppleApple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - AirPods - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when you can across this issue, and how you have troubleshot it thus far.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Oct 16, 2022 3:51 PM in response to Maldiw

Maldiw Said:

"iPhone 13 video call issues: [...]I have reached out to multiple support team but no one knows or understands the issue. With this issue, the iPhone usage itself is very limited. I am unable to take any video calls. Is there a way to raise this as a serious issue that is affecting many users?"

-------

Contact Apple Support Back:

A. Screenshare with Apple:

Contact Apple Support, asking them to assist you with this once more. This time, perform a screensharing session with them, so they can see this firsthand, form your perspective. Enable the speaker phone, so they can see this. Show them what is occurring, by explaining it to them. Point being: the screensharing session would be recorded, and, as a result, their team will have something to go by when troubleshooting this with them.

B. Have Access to Another iPhone?:

If need be, perform a screensharing session with them, hovering your iSight camera over your iPhone, so that the Apple Rep can see this firsthand, form your perspective.  See my user tip: Screenshare your iPhone with the Camera App Enabled to Easily Converse Over-the-Phone with Apple Support - User Tip

iPhone 13 video call issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.